Countdown timers

Monday, March 2, 2009

Foreign Labour In Singapore

Today I helped my office send goods to some NTUC Unity Healthcare outlets. Luckily it rained after I had finished sending all the goods for today.

Actually I found out something when I went to Changi Terminal 1 to collect returned goods from Guardian. When I reached the departure hall I saw a lot of people there but they are not Chinese or Caucasian. They are all M.I.B (foreign labour). Other than Bangladeshi labour increasing, Chinese labour is also increasing in Singapore. Once you step out of your house you'll hear them talking loudly no matter where they are and in their mother tongue.

I'm doubtful why so many companies employ those Chinese who can't speak or understand simple English to work for them. Especially those who are working in service line. As we know English is universal language of Singapore. For me, I had some experience staying with some Chinese. I find that they are very dirty; for example one of them actually soaked his socks in the basin! Also they never do household chores for the year I stayed with them; usually my friend and I cleaned the whole house. They even left all those dirty dishes in the basin and do nothing until we asked them to wash them.

Just be careful your Chinese colleague around you because they'll do anything to achieve what they want and also cover your a**hole. Hope we all can keep our job while Chinese new citizen/PR increasing. =)

1 comment: