Countdown timers

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

I Had Decided.

Today woke up at 12 plus in the afternoon and checked my handphone and saw my 3rd sister Cheryl had smsed me. She wanted to inform me that we'll be celebrating mum's birthday at her house so to make sure that we make ourself free on that day.

Suddenly I thought of asking for her opinions, so I gave her a call to ask how much she had spent on their house renovation. Surely she would know better than us. She told me that she saw my Facebook status and that the valuation + COV for that 3-room flat is too expensive. My sister and bro-in-law had only spent S$20,500 for a brand new renovation for their house. Why do we need to pay so much cash over valuation for a 7-years-old renovation since the valuation of that house is already higher than other 3-room flat? I would rather pay lesser cash for a 3-room or 4-room for the COV and spend more cash for a brand new renovation to our liking.

So I called another property agent Nick to check the valuation of the 3-room flat that we had viewed the other time. I need to find out the current valuation of a 3-room flat around this area and make comparison. But he told me that the valuation is still in progress so we have to continue our house-hunting while waiting for his update. Anyway that owner asking for so much cash is because they want to upgrade to a 4-room flat and the cash is for them to renovate their new house. I'll not be an idiot to let them take advantage of the situation. I had decided I'll never pay a cent for that 3-room flat if I manage to find a 3-room flat at quite a good location and its valuation is between S$210,000 and S$220,000.

Maybe my parents-in-law will feel unhappy about my decision because they thought it's a good buy as it's very convenient for us. I felt so sorry to my wife about this situation and decision that I had made.

SO SORRY~!

No comments:

Post a Comment